Friday, August 19, 2016

Returning to the Ice - 2016

Hello, again! I am currently in Christchurch, New Zealand on my way for another trip to Antarctica. This trip will be much different from last year in that I am flying in at the end of winter, during the period known as "WinFly". The work will also be be different as I'll be part of a project flying small UAVs (unmanned aircraft vehicle), or you can think of them as small drones, to take observations of the lowest part of the atmosphere during the transition from winter to summer. I'll be sending out a more in-depth description of the project and the unique conditions I'll be experiencing during this late winter to early spring field season in a day or two. Similar to a year ago, I'll be using this email list to provide updates on the trip. If you are NOT interested in receiving the updates, please follow the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of this email. I'd much rather you unsubscribe than be annoyed every time you get a message from me. Otherwise, you will be automatically included in this year's trip. If you know of anybody else who would also enjoy following allow on the journey, they may subscribe to the email posts with the following form. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Subscribe for more Antarctic Updates

* indicates required
Please indicate if you are a teacher.
Email Format
View previous campaigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment